Elder law encompasses many different fields of law. The Darby Law Group practices in the following areas of Elder Law:
- Preservation/transfer of assets seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home.
- Medicaid qualification.
- Supplemental and long term care health insurance issues.
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, “living wills,” for financial management and health care decisions, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incompetency or incapacity.
- Conservatorships and guardianships.
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents.
- Administration and management of trusts and estates.
- Long term care placements in nursing homes and life care communities.
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery cases.
The Darby Law Group has a knowledge of the elderly that allows its lawyers and staff to ignore the myths relating to aging and the competence of the elderly. At the same time, they will take into account and empathize with some of the true physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process. Their understanding of the afflictions of the aged allows them to determine more easily the difference between the physical versus the mental disability of the client. They are aware of real life problems, health and otherwise, that tend to develop as persons age. They are tied into a system of social workers, psychologists and other elder care professionals who may be of assistance.